Deskeys Dome Gaskets will add travel to the sliders to offset the loss of travel caused by the thickness of Deskeys Silencing Rings. When this reduction in travel is greater than 0.3 mm (#3 Deskeys Silencing Ring) there is a noticable loss of tactility.
Loss of travel with Deskeys Silencing Rings:
without Deskeys Dome Gaskets:
- #3 = 0.3 mm. No change in tactility.
- #5 = 0.5 mm. Noticible change in tactility.
- #7 = 0.7 mm. Dramatic change in tactility.
with Deskeys Dome Gaskets #5 Silicone
- #5 = 0.0 mm. No change in tactility.
- #7 = 0.2 mm. No change in tactility.
Recommended use with Topre Keyboards: Pair with Deskeys Silencing Rings #5 and thicker.
- Best paired with #5 or #7 silencing rings.
- Not needed for #3 silencing rings.
- Install these between the housings and domes.
- Shape and thickness are well designed to fit 1u 2u and spacebar stabs.
- 2u and spacebar stabs will soft land to PCB when this gasket added.
- 1/64" Black soft foam. For stabilizer landing pads.
- 1/32" Black soft foam. For spacebar stabilizer landing pads.
- #5 (0.5 mm) White hard silicone. Prevents compression of Dome Gaskets.
Each bag includes
- 4-strips x27
- 2u gasket x8
- Spacebar stabs x2
- RGB = 4-strips x28
- Realforce RGB Keyboards require RGB Deskeys Dome Gaskets.